Change of plans. Bob has been dealing with nose bleeds again. We think the dry air and dust have caused the flare up, so we are going to start our way back east. We did take a ride to see Joshua Tree National Park. It is a mountainous and rocky desert park and I know we would have liked camping there, but on the other hand, we had been in the desert for awhile and didn't mind moving on.
First stop, Kingman, Az. We visited the Kingman Turquoise Mine Store. Beautiful turquoise, 98% of which is from the Kingman mine.
We were able to have lunch with a Marine that Bob flew with back in the 70's. It was fun to listen to them reminisce. But, damn! We forgot to get a picture! Ugh!!
Above is a photo from the road to Gallup, NM. I am looking forward to visiting a couple jewelry supply shops that we have been buying from for years that are located here and we've learned that there is a Turquoise Trail National Scenic Byway! Definitely want to check that out! We are staying at USA RV Park, off 40. Nice park in the desert and convenient.
Visiting Adrian and the Boys
I love this photo of Adrian and the boys. Gorgeous! And the first thing I noticed when we went to their home. Ethan is an awesome hockey player and we had a blast watching him play. He scored and did a fantastic job as a goalie too! We visited a reptile rescue center where the boys were excited to hold an alligator, but ended up holding pythons, too! I love the look on Ethan's face here, but neither he or Caleb were uncomfortable with the snakes. Caleb finally ran out of steam! Adrian and proud Pappa






Hoping that Bob is doing better. That desert air can get to you if not used to it. I definitely want to hear about the turquoise national scenic byway. We missed that one. What path are you going to take going back east? Looks like you have had a great trip so far. Safe travels!
ReplyDeleteHi! Bob's nose is much better. He does spend time tending to it, but it has been manageable. I picked up a brochure on the Turquoise Trail in Gallup. There is a website: www.turquoisetrail.org. It is mostly about the stops. We did not stop, we were in the rv and towing the jeep, but the views are wonderful. If you are in this area, definitely take this scenic route!
Delete