Day 1 of the Gem & Rock Show

We went to the 22nd Street Show yesterday and didn't finish it all! We are both excited about our purchases yesterday. Bob has a big chunk of lapis and a handful of opal rough. I have a small handful of gorgeous Lone Mnt. turquoise, a few beautiful Australian opals, Indonesian opalized wood and some other really pretty things. I did splurge and bought Native American earrings and pin for myself, and finally found warm slippers and gloves! Yeah!!
This is one piece of petrified wood.
I would love to put one of these on top of our brick mailbox column but Bob is afraid it would be damaged by pranksters.
I am so impressed with this work. The artist builds a scene fitting and cutting the pieces to fit not only as a jigsaw but to the curve of the piece as well. Beautiful!
I thought of Ethan and Caleb when I saw this.
>
Our stash at the end of the day.

Comments

  1. Three days of walking and we could no where near cover it all! The show was 3 weeks long and we just caught the last days.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The artwork looks beautiful! So glad you found some treasures.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog